Adult Fibromyalgia Digital Therapy Study
A new, no cost research study of a smart phone based therapy app may be able to help. Over 5 million Americans are affected by fibromyalgia - a condition characterized by widespread pain, aching and tenderness in all parts of the body. In addition, people with fibromyalgia often awaken tired and struggle with fatigue, even after a full night's sleep.
The study is investigating two different digital therapies for fibromyalgia delivered via an app on your smartphone. These therapies are intended to help people manage their fibromyalgia more effectively. The study does not involve any new drugs or medications.
If you qualify and choose to join the study you will receive:
- The investigational smart phone app at no cost
- Compensation for completing study visits and answering questionnaires over a 12-week period of using the smartphone based therapy app
- The opportunity to help advance fibromyalgia research
To be eligible for the PROSPER study you must:
- Be living in the United States
- Be between 22 to 75 years of age
- Have a fibromyalgia diagnosis
- Own and use a smartphone with an operating system of version 8 or newer for Android or version 12 or newer for iOS
- Have the ability to commit to using the smartphone-based therapy for up to 15-20 minutes a day
- Have the ability to read and understand English
What to bring to your Screening Visit
During your Screening visit, we will ask you questions about your health and background as well as help you set up your mobile phone to take part in the at-home evaluation period.
To make the Screening visit run smoothly, please bring the following:
1. Your smartphone with the most recent operating system. Not sure about your operating system? No problem! We can help you check during the visit.
2. Your username and password that you use to download apps from either the Google Play Store (Google ID) or Apple App Store (Apple ID)
3. A Gmail login and password. If you don’t have one, we can provide instructions to help you set one up.
4. A list of your current medications
PriMed Clinical Research Office
948 Patterson Rd
Dayton OH 45419