Study for Patients with COPD
PriMed Clinical Research is hosting a study for patients who are 40 years or older with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and chronic bronchitis. We are looking at a new treatment added alongside patients’ routine therapy to help decrease the amount of COPD exacerbations or "flare ups".
A COPD exacerbation, or flare-up, occurs when your COPD respiratory symptoms become much more severe. While everyone experiences exacerbations differently, the warning signs can include more coughing or shortness of breath than usual, changes in mucus, feeling tired for more than one day, more trouble sleeping and swelling of the legs or ankles. Exacerbations can last for days or even weeks, and may require antibiotics, oral corticosteroids, and even hospitalization.
- Patients 40 years old or over
- Has been diagnosed with COPD for at least 12 months, with chronic bronchitis and/or a chronic cough
- Have had a COPD exacerbation in the last 12 months
- Be on inhaled maintenance triple therapy for their COPD for at least 12 months
What to Expect:
- You will be asked to come into our research clinic 8 times and will receive compensation for time and travel
- Your health as it relates to this study, will be evaluated at each appointment by our research coordinator and study doctor
- All study procedures will be at no cost to you or your insurance.
- Our study team can coordinate with your primary physician to help you receive the most individualized care from our whole PriMED team
Location: Primed Clinical research office
# Visit’s required: Up to 8 office visits, 3 phone calls