Creating an Informed Patient Experience
PATIENT TOOLS AND RESOURCES
At PriMed, we understand that when it comes to your health and the health of your family, you have a lot on your mind. To improve your overall experience:
- Here on the website, patient tools and resources are provided to ensure you are prepared and informed throughout your care experience: before, during and after your visit. For additional information, visit the FAQ and Patient Guideline pages.
- We are committed to listening to patients' concerns, in the exam room and beyond. Read more about PriMed's Patient Satisfaction efforts.
Before Your Visit
1. Select a Doctor: Our goal is to make finding the right care team for you and your family easy. Visit our Care Team & Facilities page for options on how to find and select the provider that’s right for you.
2. Schedule Your Appointment: When you need an appointment, we ask that you call our office during regular business hours. Indicate if you are scheduling a wellness or a sick visit. We make every effort to see patients with an urgent problem within 24 hours. A receptionist or clinician will take your basic information and will ask you the reason for your visit. This is important so enough time can be scheduled for your appointment. If there are multiple issues you’d like to discuss during your appointment, make sure to let us know so enough time will be scheduled. Otherwise, during your visit, you may be asked to make another appointment to review the additional, non-urgent issues.
3. Review and Complete Paperwork: To speed up the registration process, many patients will review the online forms available and complete prior to their arrival. Click here to review the forms available online.
4. Insurance Verification: We participate in a large number of insurance plans and Medicare. Please contact your insurance company to verify that your visit will be covered at our office.
Your Office Visit
During your visit, our providers talk with you to understand your reason for the visit. Whether you’re in the office for a wellness visit, acute care or for managing a chronic condition. In addition to a consult with your healthcare provider, below are some of the other things you can expect during your visit.
1. Arrival: Please plan to arrive 10 to 15 minutes early to complete any necessary paperwork. Our goal is to have you in the exam room and prepared to see the doctor at the time of your visit.
2. Medical History: Our team will coordinate your care by documenting your complete medial history and monitoring your health over the years. When you come to our office, you may be asked to complete a questionnaire about your health history, such as a list of your medications and any services you've received from other providers. Your answers to the questionnaire help build your comprehensive health record. This information will be reviewed by your doctor of nurse practioner and discussed with you.
3. Verification: At every visit, you will be asked to verify your address and phone number and may be asked to present your insurance card. If we do not have a photo of you for our records, you may be asked to have your picture taken when you check in. While this may seem like an inconvenience, we do this to safeguard your identity so we can protect your health information. Visit our FAQ page for additional information.
4. Follow-up Appointments: We strongly encourage you to schedule your follow-up appointment before leaving the office. This ensures you are able to see your physician in the proper time period. Even if you are unsure of your schedule, let us make the appointment for you as you can always call and reschedule.
5. Patient Portal: As a PriMed patient, you are now eligible for access to FollowMyHealthTM, your secure patient portal. Through this portal, you can request an appointment, prescription refills, send a message to your PriMed physician office and view your health records. For first-time users, you’ll need an invitation code. Be sure to ask our team about enrolling before you leave the office to receive your invitation code!
6. Payment: We participate in a large number of insurance plans and Medicare. We will file a claim with your insurance company for the services provided in our office. It is important to verify we have the correct insurance information in our records. Any insurance copayment you have will be collected at the time of service. If you do not have insurance, your visit is your responsibility and payment in full will be due at the time of service. Visit our Patient Guidelines for additional information.
Following Your Visit
1. Need Assistance? For questions or if you need assistance, please contact one of our PriMed office locations.
2. After Hours Care: In the event that you need care when your office is closed, PriMed has physicians available 24 hours a day. Please phone the office for instructions to contact the on-call physician. The on-call physician will evaluate your condition and determine the next steps. If you need care after hours, the on-call physician may recommend you go to an urgent care facility. Please understand that routine medication refills will not be called into the pharmacy after office hours, except in extraordinary circumstances.
3. Billing: If you have questions or concerns about your bill or need to make payment arrangements, please contact our billing office at 937-312-8111.
4. Coordinating Your Healthcare: If you need care beyond the scope of our primary care office, we can refer you to a specialist or other healthcare service. We collaborate with a network of healthcare professions, such as diagnostic facilities, specialty physicians and therapists. Our office can also get you connected with support groups, health educators and a wide-range of community resources.